Universal City, California, December 8, 2021 – Evil dies tonight. Jamie Lee Curtis (“Scream Queens”, Knives Out), Judy Greer (The Village, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Andi Matichak (Blue Bloods, Orange is the New Black) and the entire town of Haddonfield band together to take down the infamous killer Michael Myers in the never-before-seen Extended Cut of HALLOWEEN KILLS, arriving on Digital December 14, 2021, as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM and DVD January 11, 2022. Hailed as “A bloodthirsty sequel” (Bloody Disgusting), HALLOWEEN KILLS features the original theatrical release, the Extended Cut with Alternate Ending and exclusive bonus content which includes extended and deleted scenes, a behind-the-scenes look at creating the film, special gag reel and more!
The Halloween night when Michael Myers returned isn’t over yet. Michael manages to free himself from Laurie Strode’s (Jamie Lee Curtis) trap to resume his ritual bloodbath. As Laurie fights for her life from injuries from her last encounter with Michael, she inspires her daughter Karen (Judy Greer), granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak), and all of Haddonfield to rise up against their unstoppable monster. The vigilante mob then sets out to hunt Michael down, once and for all.
Master of horror John Carpenter (Halloween 1978, Halloween 2018) once again joins forces with director David Gordon Green (Halloween, Pineapple Express) and producers Jason Blum (Blumhouse), Malek Akkad (Trancas International Films) and Bill Block (Miramax) for this continuation of the Halloween franchise. HALLOWEEN KILLS also includes a stellar cast, including Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton (The Forever Purge, The Postman), Thomas Mann (Kong: Skull Island, Amityville: The Awakening) and Anthony Michael Hall (“The Dead Zone”, The Dark Knight). “As immortal as Michael Myers himself” (The Wrap), HALLOWEEN KILLS offers a tricky treat for audiences both old and new.
BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
HALLOWEEN KILLS will be available on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD, and Digital.
- 4K Ultra HD delivers the ultimate movie-watching experience. Featuring the combination of 4K resolution, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and HDR10+* which delivers incredible brightness and contrast for each scene, and immersive audio for a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes Blu-ray™, DVD, and Digital copy.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can buy or rent instantly.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.Advertisement
*HDR10+ only available on digital